We understand and appreciate that you may be concerned about your privacy, the confidentiality and security of information we may gain about you online.
We are committed to protecting your privacy and to complying with the Australian Privacy Principles in the Australian Privacy Act 1988 (Privacy Act).
Personal Information Collected
We do not collect your personally identifying information unless you knowingly provide the information or if your employer provides this to us on your behalf.
- Individually identifiable information
The types of individually identifiable information we collect will depend on the purposes(s) for which we are collecting it. For example, we may ask for
- your name;
- contact details;
- postal address;
- date of birth;
- identification information;
- location information;
- history records of your communication and interaction with us;
- employment history;
as well as other similar Personal Information that is needed to register or subscribe you to our services or offers. If we ever ask for significantly different information, we will inform you. If you do not provide certain requested Personal Information to us, we may not be able to provide you with access to and use of the Website and App, provide you with access to our other Products and Services, or to fulfill one or more of our functions and activities applicable to you.
- Non-identifiable information
Non-identifiable information is data that has not been labeled with individual identifiers or from which identifiers have been permanently removed, and by means of which no specific individual can be identified. When you visit our Website, our company servers may automatically record non-identifiable information that your browser sends. This data may include:
- your computer’s IP address;
- browser Type;
- webpage you were visiting before you came to our Website
- the pages within our Website you visit
- the time spent on those pages, items and information searched on our Website, access times, dates and other statistics.
Non-identifiable information is collected for analysis and evaluation in order to help us improve our Website and the Services and Products we provide. This data will not be used in association with any other Personal Information.
Collection of Personal Information
We will collect Personal Information from users and customers in a variety of ways, including via electronically, in person, from employers or RTOs, when accessing our website (www.scopesuite.com.au) and when we provide a service to you.
We collect Personal Information for the primary purpose of providing our Services, providing information to our clients and marketing. We may also use Personal Information for secondary purposes closely related to the primary purpose, in circumstances where you would reasonably expect such use or disclosure.
In some circumstances we may be provided with information by third parties. In such case, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of the information provided to us by the third party.
Other ways we may collect Personal Information may include:
- Browsing our Website;
- Registering on our Website;
- Logging into the Website once registered;
- Logging into the App once registered;
- Using Services we provide on the Website;
- Using Services we provide on the App;
- Making a purchase using the Website;
- Contacting our Helpdesk;
- Clicking on Website banners, hyperlinks or plugins; or
- During a conversation with our team members.
Storing the Personal Information
We use a number of procedures and processes to ensure, where possible, the security and integrity of your Personal Information.
We protect your Personal Information by:
- Restricting access to Personal Information
- Maintaining technology products to prevent unauthorised computer access
We have secured our Site using industry standard technology. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed as completely secure. Once any information is in our possession, we will take reasonable steps to protect that information from misuse, loss, unauthorized access, and modification or disclosure. While we strive to protect such information, we cannot guarantee 100% the security of any information (personal or other) you transmit to us. Therefore, we will not be liable for any breach of security or unintended loss or disclosure of information due to the Website being linked to the Internet.
The Purposes of Collecting, Holding, Using and Disclosing Personal Information
We only collect Personal Information to the extent necessary to fulfill one or more of our functions and activities and will do so only by fair and reasonable means. We collect your Personal Information so that we can carry out the following actions (“Purpose”):
- to provide you with Products and Services that you have requested from us;
- to communicate with you, including about products and Services provided by us;
- to answer your questions and provide you with information or advice;
- provide your Personal Information to third parties that assist us in providing Products and Services you have requested;
- carry out administration, marketing, planning, fraud and loss prevention activities, procurement, product and service development, quality control and research to improve the way we and our related bodies corporate and service providers provide Products and Services to you;
- to consider and respond to complaints made by you;
- to comply with laws or regulations or to comply with any directions given by regulators or authorities.
We will only use your Personal Information for the purposes for which it was collected, and we will not otherwise disclose your Personal Information without gaining your consent except where such disclosure is required by law.
We collect aggregated information about you which informs us about our users. This will allow us to enhance the materials viewed by you and Services which we offer. The browser information we collect is used in an aggregated, anonymous manner in our internal analysis of traffic patterns within our Website. This information is used by us to administer and improve our education and training products and Services.
We may engage with third parties to provide Services and perform business support functions for us. We may provide your Personal Information to those parties in order to provide the Services or perform the functions we require.
Transfer in Certain Circumstances
If there is a sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, reorganisation or liquidation of Scopesuite then, in our sole discretion, we may transfer, sell or assign information collected on and through this Website (including, without limitation, PII and other information), to one or more relevant third parties.
What are cookies?
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your computer or mobile device when you visit a site and allow a site to recognize your device.
Cookies do a lot of different jobs, such as letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences and generally improving the user experience
The following describes how we use different categories of cookies. Please note that Scopesuite does not use targeting cookies which can collect personal data to be used for targeted advertising.
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website.
- Analytical/Performance Cookies: These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users can find what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality Cookies: These are used to improve the functional performance of the website and make it easier for you to use. For example, they are used to remember that you have previously visited the website and asked to remain logged in to the website.
We aim to meet high standards and our policies and procedures are, therefore, constantly under review. From time to time we may change how we use and place cookies. Accordingly, we recommend that you check this page periodically in order to review our current policies and practices.
By using our Website, you agree to us placing these sorts of cookies on your device and accessing them when you visit the Website in the future. You can modify the settings on your device to prevent cookie use. Please note by disabling cookies, your user experience may be affected, and you might not be able to take advantage of certain functions of our Website.
Access to and Correction of Personal Information
Under the Privacy Act, individuals have a right to access their records. You may ask us in writing to provide you with details of the Personal Information we hold about you. We will endeavor to process your request as soon as practicable.
You can update your Personal Information anytime by accessing your Account on the Website or App. If you wish for your Personal Information to be removed from our database, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Complaining about a Breach of Privacy
Third Party Sites
Cross boarder disclosure
We may disclose Personal Information to overseas recipients, who are located in places such as the United Kingdom and other countries or jurisdictions depending on the nature of the services those recipients provide to us (for example storing data via a cloud service, or where our customer relationship management system is hosted on servers located overseas, or where delivery address information for online orders is managed via a third party located overseas).
“Scopesuite” means the “Company”, “Scopesuite Pty Ltd”, “us”, “we”
“Services” “Scopesuite” means the “Company”, “Scopesuite Pty Ltd”, “us”, “we”
“Services” means the products and Services that Scopesuite Pty Ltd provide to you as specified in the Terms and Conditions and Master Subscription Agreement and in conjunction with the order form provided from the client, whether fees are applicable or if the client is under a fee free Agreement
“We, Us or Our” means Scopesuite Pty Ltd